Rodakino basic concepts
That's already working in rodakino_0_1_0
* Login window uses the PostgreSQL user/password.
* Moveable tree menu on the left side, fed from the Postgres database. Depending on their role, users have more or less rights and can call more or less "Rodakino Windows".
* The tree menu already contains all necessary "Rodakino Windows" for maintainance of the tree menu itself.
add/delete/change user roles, add/delete/change menu items, assign menu items to roles/users).
* Rodakino Windows are called from the tree menu, they are moveable and resizeable.
* More than one Rodakino Window can be open at the same time within the same browser window.
* A Rodakino Window contains one or more "Rodakino Database Windows" aka RDBW.
* Query: The data of the top RDBW can be selected using Query-By-Example.
* RDBW's are defined by insert/update/delete statements, a html template, a query template.
* Insert/Update/Delete operations work within the RDBW, no need to create extra insert-forms or update-forms.
* Save-Button sends cumulated inserts/updates/deletes to the node server.
New in rodakino_0_1_1
* Validation of fields in the RDBW against the database, more than one field can be involved.
New in rodakino_0_2_0 and 0_2_1
* GUI frontend for master/detail relationships. RDBW's within a Rodakino Window can be cascaded in any master/detail or master/detail/detail or ... combination.
Row-change in a master RDBW automatically retrieves all linked detail RDBW's.
* database driven listboxes.
New in rodakino_0_2_2 and 0_2_3
* Added support for database driven checkboxes and radio buttons.
This is on the roadmap for the near future:
* Support date/time data type.
* Support select/option.
* Support textareas.
* Support decimal numbers.
* Preventing SQL injection attacks.
* Move code to github.
* Automatic save.
* Automatically load rows from the database, when the rdbw scrolls down/up. Target: Fast display of data of tables containing > 100000 rows !!
* Validation of a whole RDBW row against the database, if focus changes.
* Context sensitive help pages.
* Better error messages.
* Master/detail relationships in tab-pages.
* Livesearch fields.
Planned in the future
* User manual, software developers manual including getting started and lots of sample RDBW's.
* Implementation of reporting capablilities like csv export, jsreport, html reports, html2pdf, html2xlsx, using headless libreoffice as print server.
* Useful demo application including an ionic3 frontend for mobile devices.
* Multilingual i18n implementation.
* More than one skin.
* Automatic save operations in the background.
* Versions for Oracle, MySQL, SQLite databases.
* Generator tool for Rodakino Windows and Rodakino Database Windows.